As more than a decade of rigorous testing has shown, our candles are safe! They undergo extensive quality and safety testing under rigorous burn and use conditions and meet or exceed all applicable industry and government standards for safety and performance. There are many factors while in use that can affect any candle’s performance, including: room drafts, debris that may have accumulated in the wax’s melt pool, wick length and proper pre‐burn trimming which is included on the instructions on the candle label.
To safely enjoy room-filling fragrance, follow this important safety information when caring for your candle:
- ALWAYS trim wick to 1/4 inch before lighting.
- Dispose of wick trimmings and matches to keep debris out of wax pool.
- AVOID drafts.
- Set candle on heat-resistant surface.
- Burn within sight. ALWAYS remain within line of sight of burning candles.
- Extinguish candles before leaving room.
- NEVER burn for longer than 4-hour intervals.
- Keep away from things that catch fire.
- NEVER burn candles on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Keep away from children and pets. Children and pets could accidentally tip candle over.
- DO NOT extinguish with water.
- ALWAYS allow wax to harden before relighting, touching or moving.