Bath & Body Works is committed to responsible sourcing of forest products. Our Forest Products Procurement Policy is written to reduce threats to ancient and endangered forests and to avoid products that contribute to deforestation or human rights abuses. We are committed to working with our suppliers to source forest products from certified forestry operations, preferably those that meet Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) standards.
Bath & Body Works Forest Products Procurement Policy
In order to minimize our impact to the world's forests, we work with our suppliers to source paper products that include recycled content and/or are produced with pulp from certified forestry operations, preferably that meet FSC standards. Listed here is a summary of our commitments and the progress we've made.
Bath & Body Works’ Forest Products Policy:
- Addresses the entire paper and forest products lifecycle; and
- Eliminates suppliers sourcing from endangered forests.
We are committed to:
- Not accepting paper sourced from endangered forests;
- Optimizing the use of FSC and Post-Consumer Waste (PCW) paper.
To demonstrate our commitments, we:
- Phased out paper procured from endangered forests; and
- In partnership with L Brands, Bath & Body Works contributed more than $1 million for research and advocacy related to protecting endangered forests.
As a result of some of our efforts, in December 2007, L Brands and Bath & Body Works were honored to receive the Boreal Stewardship Award from Canada's Boreal Leadership Council.
*As of Aug. 3, 2021, Bath & Body Works established itself as a stand-alone company. Prior to this date, the business was part of L Brands, Inc.